cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching .msg message files move to Dropbox from Outlook

Searching .msg message files move to Dropbox from Outlook

Fujitom
New member | Level 2

HI, New to drop box here.  Before I make a committment to the service I have a question...I am looking to export outlook messages to store indivudally for reference in a Dropbox folder.   It is somewhat important to keep the message header (to, from, subject) as part of the file (we could use something other than .msg if possible).  

I have uploaded some test .msg files to dropbox and can search by for subject, but not for content.  Is searching inside a .msg file not possible in Dropbox?  Or do I need a specific dropbox license?

The goal here would be to be able to search by content, being able to reply or forward to the .msg isn't critical

This may have been answered before but I was not able to word a search query in the knowledge base or community to find an answer.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Searching .msg message files move to drop box from Outlook

Fujitom
New member | Level 2
2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@Fujitom wrote:

Is searching inside a .msg file not possible in Dropbox?

Searching within .MSG files is not possible.

Fujitom
New member | Level 2
Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Fujitom New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?