cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure link access

Secure link access

Explorer | Level 3

i ahve been sent a secure link which i am asked to email email and password. When i put in my password it tells me its incorrect when i know in fact it is correct. is the password my password or a password that needs to be sent to me?> 

6 Replies 6

Re: Secure link access

Dropboxer

Hi @lex177, I hope you're well today!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, would you be able to send me a screenshot of the prompt you're getting for the email and password?

Please make sure to exclude any personal info though, or perhaps any filenames/URLs if this is a private document, I'd just like to have a look at the dialogue prompt box is all.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

drop box screen shot.jpg

Explorer | Level 3

once i fill in my email and password i am told password is incorrect.

Dropboxer

Hi @lex177, according to the URL at the top, this isn't an official Dropbox site, and that isn't a prompt that appears on Dropbox. Most likely this was a phishing site to gather your details.

If you have entered your correct email and password, I'd recommend immediately resetting your password on the Dropbox site to prevent unauthorized access to your account.

If you use the same email and password for your email inbox, or other services and sites, you'll need to change them too for the same reason.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
Wow OK thanks for the info.

Dropboxer

No worries, you can change your password on Dropbox here

If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?