cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing two business folders at the same time on my Windows desktop

Seeing two business folders at the same time on my Windows desktop

Peter Mac
Explorer | Level 3

I am a new dropbox business user and I am the admin/owner of the account.

On my Windows desktop I can see my user name and all of my sub folders.  Is there a way to allow me to see my user name folders and someone else's user name folders in my windows 10 file explorer?

I want to move some files between user account folders using the Windows 10 file explorer (not the dropbox browser interface) and I can't seem to find a way to make this work.

3 Replies 3

Re: Seeing two business folders at the same time on my Windows desktop

Walter
Dropboxer
Hello there @Peter Mac, thanks for posting on our Community and happy Monday!

Just to make sure we're on the same page here, can you clarify if you are referring to another user profile on your computer or maybe to a member of your team?

If the latter, while you can connect your personal account to your business one to have them both available through the desktop app (and your File Explorer), you can't connect another team member's account at this time. 

That said, there are a couple of ways to do what you'd like to achieve if you like to use the website:

1. Share the folders you'd like to move to the other account
2. Use the 'Sign In as user' feature to do this from the user's end since you're the team's admin 
3. Use the 'Content Tab' from your Admin Console (available to team admins) 

I hope this helps to some extent and please let me know if you have any questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Peter Mac
Explorer | Level 3

To answer your question, I am referring to another member of the dropbox team, not another windows profile

Walter
Dropboxer
I see, thanks for clearing this up for me, Peter.

In that case, you can take a look at my suggestions to move forward with the task at hand.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Peter Mac Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?