cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective Sync Removed Files

Selective Sync Removed Files

New member | Level 2

I had some large files to upload to a dropbox desktop. I uploaded a few of the files successfully, but one of the files seems to have disappeared. The file was completely uploaded to the desktop app, but I noticed that I was nearly out of disk space because of the syncing feature. I disabled the sync mid-way through its syncing process and switched it to only sync online. As a result, the file disappeared from the disk, is not in any of the folders on the dropbox website/desktop app, cannot be located on my computer because it deleted the files once they were transferred from the initial hard drive. I've read through a bunch of posts and people are told to just re-sync the files and it would magically reappear, but so far nothing has worked. HELP ME!

1 Reply 1

Re: Selective Sync Removed Files

Dropboxer

Hey there @ User ID 1375480, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Could you have a look to see if you are running the stable version of the desktop app (110.4.458)? 

Also, check your events page and let me know if there is any relevant information about the files you're looking for. 

Give me a nudge with any updates, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?