cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Selective Sync always returns "Unable to connect"

somethingstinks
New member | Level 2

Looks like I'm not alone. This just started happening to me too and support is rendered useless. My files are synching on all of my devices but when I go to selective sync all I get is "Unable to Connect".

somethingstinks
New member | Level 2
Those have nothing to do with nothing.

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey there, thanks for getting in touch on the Dropbox Community regarding this syncing-related inquiry! 

As discussed earlier on this thread, this issue has been resolved for other users by changing their network settings locally & (to quote daniel_iversen in the previous page) it’s recommended to: 

make sure on the corporate network to open all the Dropbox domains (incl wildcards - *.dropbox.com - *.dropboxapi.com etc), (for) the list of domains (you may find)here:

You may keep in mind that, as I’d like to help you out as much as possible, I ran a search on my end & I saw that you already have an open ticket with a higher-level of support technician. I’ve made sure to keep my colleague updated on your comments & I’ve increased your support priority internally . 

Rest assured they’ll do their best to help you over & keep them updated on the progress on this conversation, as they have direct access to your account through our Official Support channel. 

Of course, please don’t hesitate to let me know here in case you’re unable to locate their emails or you need further assistance. In the meantime, take care & I’m wishing you a relaxed weekend ahead!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

kogies
New member | Level 2

I have noticed this issue while using certain moile hotspots. Your cell carrier may not correctly associate domains, or something to that effect! I used a VPN to correct this issue.

Need more support?