cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Selective Sync

Selective Sync

3SEIF
New member | Level 2

Hi there, I accidentally downloaded my whole dropbox folder and saved it locally. Of course my local hard drive is full now so I need to delete these documents again from being saved locally. I used selective sync to remove the folder from being stored locally. When I go into my dropbox desktop app the folder now does not show up anymore (as intended) but when I check my Macs available storage space it still shows. Do I have to delete these files locally as well or how can I remove them from my local hard drive and save them purely online on my dropbox?

1 Reply 1

Re: Selective Sync

Elixir
Super User

Hello @3SEIF, it could be that the files are still in the Dropbox cache. Dropbox clears it after certain time. If you want to manually clear it, you can go to Finder. Click the Go menu then Go to Folder (Command + Shift + G) and type/paste ~/Dropbox/.dropbox.cache There you can delete the contents. More info https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/cache-folder 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?