Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Selective sync conflict

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi All,

I need some help. I get the selective sync conflict and I really cannot figure out a way to solve this. At one point I had 140 selective sync folders in my dropbox with epty folders. I unlinked all my computers... uninstalled dropbox from everywhere. Deleted all local files. Re-installed, changed the names of the folders to be all different. I still get the error. I need help, I am going a bit crazy.  I am attaching few pictures to show what I have. I deleted the previous 140 folders.... It has started to come again. 

IMG_6671.JPGIMG_6672.JPGIMG_6673.JPGIMG_6674.JPG

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Selective sync conflict

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @sindhunaik,

Are you trying create (or writing to) same folder again, after deselecting folder caring same name ("From Acer Laptop" in particular)?

That was supported some time ago, directed to keep particular folder (and the content) out of sync. Recently, this feature isn't supported anymore (even erroneously exist in the documentation, still) and replaced with attribute assignment to such files/folders. I don't know if that's your case, but if you have had such usage, that's the your issue.

Dropbox don't keep their documentation in sync.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?