cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective sync window doesnt open

Selective sync window doesnt open

Explorer | Level 3

Hey,

I have an issue that started a few days ago with selective sync out of the blue..
I go to preferences>sync and press the selective sync button, i see a window open up and stright away it closes, therefor i cant pick what folders to sync.

Didnt find a way to fix this, i assume it collide with some other progrem maybe? i really have to fix this ASAP would love to hear any advice

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Selective sync window doesnt open

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @omri_s!

You're currently running a beta version of the desktop app, denoted xx.3.xxx. 

I'd suggest downgrading to the latest stable version to see if that helps with the issue you're having with opening that window.

Since you're co-worker is having the same issue, it would be worth checking if they have the same version of the app installed.

To downgrade to the latest stable, please visit your account settings here and toggle off "Early releases" at the bottom. Then, download and install the stable version from here.

Let me know how that goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Dropboxer

Hello @omrischick, I hope you're having a good week so far!

It does indeed sound a little strange.

When you hover over the Dropbox icon in your menu bar/system tray, what version of the app and sync status does it show?

Also, can you let me know which OS version your computer is running? This will just give me a better idea of your current set up.

Looking forward to your reply!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hey 

i try to write on my Gmail account because i get block as spam - lets hope it works now..

i am using dropbox v109.3.471 and windows 10 home.

Also i got co-worker with the same issue - could it be caused by a bug from an update?

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @omri_s!

You're currently running a beta version of the desktop app, denoted xx.3.xxx. 

I'd suggest downgrading to the latest stable version to see if that helps with the issue you're having with opening that window.

Since you're co-worker is having the same issue, it would be worth checking if they have the same version of the app installed.

To downgrade to the latest stable, please visit your account settings here and toggle off "Early releases" at the bottom. Then, download and install the stable version from here.

Let me know how that goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Seems down grade it solved the problem. 
I assume the update messed with the app... so check it for next update

Thanks for the help!

Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that did the trick @omri_s!

It may be due to the version still being in testing phase, but it's indeed helpful to know. :beaming face with smiling eyes:

Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I don't have Early Release selected. And am having the same problem, the selective sync window will not open.  
Curiously when I switch to my work Dropbox account, it does work.

Selective Sync

Explorer | Level 3
From today the Selective Sync Option does not work in any of my two PCs. When I click it, a blank window appears for less than one second and then it disappears.. What is happening?

Dropboxer

Thanks for joining us here @ironrob!

Could you let me know which version of the app you have installed, and the sync status?

It would be helpful to which which OS your device is too, so that I can give more accurate suggestions. Cheers!

EDIT: @Frank99, I just moved your post here as it seems you're having the same issue. Please let me know what you find for the above questions too.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

Hi 

I had re-installed Dropbox for Desktop before I got your message.  My current version is 109.3.478, and that seems to have fixed the issue.  I am not sure what the prior version was.  I am MacOS 10.15.7.

Thanks

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?