cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serialized file requests possible?

Serialized file requests possible?

MikoBerlin
Explorer | Level 3

Hej there,
i have the following scenario which I'd like to make work with Dropbox.

I have a contest where over 100 participants have to sent in files to me. As far as I see it i have only two options:
1) Manually make 100 file requests and send them to each respectice participant.
2) Make 1 file request, send it to everyone and then manually have to seperate the files from 100 different participant.

Both is not really satisfying.

Is there a way to import a list of email adresses and generate automatically 100 different file requests for each of the 100 different email adresses?

Thanks in advance for your answers. If i missed a post about this topic here in the forums, please share the link with me.

br, Miko!

3 Replies 3

Re: Serialized file requests possible?

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @MikoBerlin, thanks for posting today!

Currently, there isn't a method to do what you're requesting.

However, with a single file request, users can still enter their names, which will be applied to the front of the file name in your account. 

This way it'll be easier the check the files from users, assuming they enter the correct names.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MikoBerlin
Explorer | Level 3

Hej Jay,
thank you for your reply. And thanks for pointing out that the Username or in case of not logged in users the Name they put in, is attached to all files uploaded. Actually that makes it working for me. Cool. Thanks you

br, m

Jay
Dropboxer
Not a problem, @MikoBerlin, have a great day!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?