cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Entire Dropbox with Someone

Share Entire Dropbox with Someone

MuhammadAftab
New member | Level 2

I have personal dropbox account. I have lots of folders and I want to share my entire dropbox with my colleague. When I try to share all of my folders, I get an error message that says that "You cannot share your entire dropbox". Is it possible to share entire dropbox? If it is not possible in personal dropbox account, is it possible in business dropbox account?

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MuhammadAftab, thanks for joining the Community!

Currently, it isn't possible share an entire account with other users, even on a Dropbox Business plan.

his would be a breach of the terms of service, and could result in your account being terminated.

I hope this helps to clarify matters.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

kgsmoothx2
New member | Level 2

(" breach of the terms of service, and could result in your account being terminated.") Well, thank you for the threat @MuhammadAftab. Riddle me this, I pay annually for storage that my wife and I use for all family items, explain to me again why I can't let this one person have access to her material and items she may have ownership of that I have stored???  What is the difference between having a "plus 1" and me giving her my password?  

Mark
Super User II

@kgsmoothx2 wrote:

What is the difference between having a "plus 1" and me giving her my password?  

That is the part which is against the T&C's - and actually something they are now enforcing. I actually think @Jay has got it a tad mixed up (note it was not @MuhammadAftab so said it was against the T&C's) . 

You could share the whole of your Dropbox with somebody if you so wanted to by simply putting everything in one folder and sharing that folder with the exception of folders like Apps and Camera Uploads which cannot be shared or moved. 

Have a think about just creating a shared folder structure that is maybe called the people you share with and putting things in there - thats how I do it 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    kgsmoothx2 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?