cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Folder is Gone

Shared Folder is Gone

SirSlick
Explorer | Level 3

I previously had a shared folder in my dropbox that I could access either through email (when the owner had updated it) or through physically entering dropbox myself. I have had access to this shared folder for about a year, but have just had the problem that I have noticed some other users to have: 

SirSlick_0-1618610826599.png

This image appears after I click on the email link letting me know that it was updated.

When I go onto my dropbox, the shared folder has also disappeared and is not in any of my deleted or other tabs.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shared Folder is Gone

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @SirSlick, thank you for all the info! 

Another great way for you to check what might have happened, is the Events' page.

The Events' page gives you an overview of all activity in your account including files events (adds/edits/deletes), as well as adding or removing shared folders. 

You also mentioned, that the owner of the folder can see you as an active member. Can you ask them to remove you from the folder, then add you back?

Share with me any updates on this!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rich
Super User II

@SirSlick wrote:

When I go onto my dropbox, the shared folder has also disappeared and is not in any of my deleted or other tabs.

If you don't see it on your Sharing page, you'll need to contact the owner of the folder. More than likely your access has either been removed, or the shared folder has been removed. Only the owner will be able to help you.

SirSlick
Explorer | Level 3

This doesn't appear to be the case. I still show up on the owner's end as having "view only" access. I would also like to point out that this doesn't appear to be the first time this has happened in dropbox (based on other posts I have found), so maybe there is a bug? Are there any other suggestions on how this can get fixed?

Mark
Super User II

Have you tried a different browser? Cleared your cache?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

SirSlick
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, I have tried both a different browser and cleared my cache, but still no luck.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @SirSlick, and welcome to our Community!

How about the Deleted files page? 

Any luck with the folder there? 

Keep me posted!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

SirSlick
Explorer | Level 3

@Lori Nope, the deleted files inbox is empty. It appears to just have disappeared altogether.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @SirSlick, thank you for all the info! 

Another great way for you to check what might have happened, is the Events' page.

The Events' page gives you an overview of all activity in your account including files events (adds/edits/deletes), as well as adding or removing shared folders. 

You also mentioned, that the owner of the folder can see you as an active member. Can you ask them to remove you from the folder, then add you back?

Share with me any updates on this!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

SirSlick
Explorer | Level 3

@Lori , @Mark , @Rich The removal and re-addition of my account onto the shared folder appears to have worked. Thank you all for your help.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @SirSlick, amazing!

Glad to see this is no longer an issue for you!

Give me another shout if something comes up! Enjoy.

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    SirSlick Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?