cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Folder

Shared Folder

New member | Level 2
Someone has shared a folder with me. There is supposed to be up to 1000 videos in it however I'm only able to see 100. They have reshared the folder with me yet I get the same result every time. Any ideas of why this is happening?
3 Replies 3

Re: Shared Folder

Dropboxer

Hi @GingeT95; welcome to our Community!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, did they invite you to this shared folder as a member or did they just share a link to the folder instead?

Are you able to see the folder's content on our website at all? 

Any additional information is more than welcome! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2
They shared the link to their folder.
I get the same results whether I use the app on my phone, the desktop app or the website. I can only see part of what is supposed to be in the folder.

I've tried deleting the shared folder from my Dropbox and then opening the shared folder again but can still only see part of what is available.

It does exceed my total available space but should that matter?

Dropboxer

If you're just trying to preview the content of the folder via the shared link, no, it shouldn't matter @GingeT95.

Are you just trying to view the files or did you try to add it to your account? 

In case of the latter, you'll need to have enough quota in your account as shared folders do take up space towards each account that is a member of the folder. 

Keep me posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?