cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Shared Links default expiration date

Shared Links default expiration date

PedroSousa
New member | Level 2

Hello.

I'm familiar with creating links for sharing and setting an expiration date.

Is it possible to preset an expiration date, instead of always having to set it manually?

That would be a cool and usefull feature.

Plus, at some point I remember being possible to erase all generated links at once. Isn't that option available anymore? Do I have to delete them one by one?

Thank for your help.

Pedro

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Hi @PedroSousa

Theres no way of setting a default expiration I'm afraid and annoyingly theres never been a way to clear all shared links in one go - batch deletion is much needed many (including me!) would agree!

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

troofener
New member | Level 2

Geez. Dropbox you need to do create this. Defaulting the link open forever is a huge securty risk. Manually changing link exparation is pain, exspcially via mobile so most are active forever... Not good.

Laszlo_Illyes
New member | Level 2

Need this feature immediately.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?