cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared file not syncing between users

Shared file not syncing between users

Al Fidaa
New member | Level 2

Hi there! I've shared a file with another user. When either of us works on the file, it is not syncing between us. Changes are not updated and are only visible to the one that affected the changes. Any idea why this is happening

2 Replies 2

Re: Shared file not syncing between users

Rich
Super User II

@Al Fidaa wrote:

Hi there! I've shared a file with another user. When either of us works on the file, it is not syncing between us. Changes are not updated and are only visible to the one that affected the changes. Any idea why this is happening

How did your share the file? Did you create a shared link to the file, or did you place the file in a folder and share the folder with the other user?

Re: Shared file not syncing between users

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @Al Fidaa, let's see what we can find on this together!

Please let me know the answers to what @Rich asked, since that is a very fundamental part. 

Also, do you check for updates on the Dropbox desktop application or Website? 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?