cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared files aren't visible for others

Shared files aren't visible for others

Dar18
Explorer | Level 3

Every month I send out a large file to members of a group for their files.  All members receive the same file.  The main file has separate file folders - and sometimes these folders have sub folders.  I have gotten notifications from the group members that the folders are empty - I can see the files (even in their dropbox) but they cannot.  I have tried sharing but constantly get a message that I have exceeded my space.  I'm just not sure what to do anymore.  Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.   ps - not all the members are computer savvy so I would like to keep it as simple as possible.....  

Thanks much

Dar18

5 Replies 5

Re: Shared files aren't visible for others

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Dar18, thanks for posting today!

How are you sharing the folder to the other users?

Are you creating a shared link for them to view the folder on the site? What exactly do people see on the link?

Which browser are they using to view it on the site?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dar18
Explorer | Level 3

Jay - I copy and paste the files into folders that I have created for them.  I tried a share link once and totally confused everyone.  I believe all are using google.

Jay
Dropboxer
Are you pasting the files into shared folders that are added to their accounts, or are these files accessible via a shared link?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dar18
Explorer | Level 3

shared folders that are added to their accounts -- this is how I do it.

Jay
Dropboxer
Shared folders should work, provided that all members have enough quota to have the folder on their account.

Are they able to view the folder on the Dropbox site? 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Dar18 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?