cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared files don't show up for everyone

Shared files don't show up for everyone

Holly Lazzeri
New member | Level 2

Several members of our team are having problems viewing files that other team members have added. Example: Dan adds an Excel File and saves it in Dropbox. John can't find that file from his computer. They both have access to the same files on the computer but it only shows for one of them.

3 Replies 3

Re: Sharing Files

Mark
Super User II

Few things

• Is Dropbox running on all computers?
  • If so what does it say if you mouse over its icon on the status bar?
  • Is it being saved in a shared folder and one all have access to?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Holly Lazzeri
New member | Level 2

Thank you so much for replying to me. The computer in question has left the building so I'll have to wait to look at the icon when mousing over it. But yes, Dropbox is running on all computers and yes, both parties have access to the folder that the file was shared to. Here's something that I'm not sure matters. Person #1, the person sharing the file, used the application to access Dropbox and person #2, the person who can't see the file, uses the website to access Dropbox. Could that make a difference?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional info @Holly Lazzeri!

It would be worth checking to see if the person who is using the app to access the files can see the shared files if they log into their account online.

This will give us a much better idea of where the root cause of the issue lies.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?