Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared folders don't sync if two people are in the folder at once

mollymdesign New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Myself and my coworker both work off shared folders on dropbox with design files. Often I'll ask her to make changes to a file, then go to open it later. However, if I've had the folder containing the file she is working on open while she's working on it, the folder never syncs to update with her creative. Not even days or weeks later.

We are otherwise using Dropbox totally normally with no issues, saving and sharing files etc. The folder the file is in should be synced, and I've tried accessing within my Finder window, on the app, and on the web browser. Any troubleshooting tips?

1 Reply 1

Re: Shared folders don't sync if two people are in the folder at once

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @mollymdesign, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Just to clarify, are you referring to the whole folder not syncing any changes, or are there certain files within the folder that are not syncing correctly?

A good first place to check the root cause of the syncing issue is to check the sync status of each of your devices when a change has been made.

Can you try making a change and then check the desktop app sync status on both devices? Also, do you see the file is updated when you check in your account online?

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?