Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Shared folders in team folders

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi there. 

We have a client that regularly creates folders to share with us. We now have a team space, but the client can only share folders with our individual accounts. 

If I copy the folder into the team space, it creates a copy as it is, but looks like it loses it's connection/sync to the client's parent folder.

Is there any way to get folders into the team space that will keep syncing with the original?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Shared folders in team folders

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Econnect - welcome to our Community!

Team members and admins may move a shared folder into the team space as long as the following requirements are met:

1. The user has edit access to the folder they are trying to move. To check this, follow these steps:

a. Click “Share” to the right of the folder

b. See “Can edit” to the right of the individual user or group

2. The “Manage access” setting is set to “Folder members”. To check this, follow the steps below:

a. Click “Manage” to the right of the folder

b. Click “Folder settings”

c. See “Folder members” from the dropdown next to “Manage access”

3. The folder is owned by someone on the same team as the user who is moving it into the team space.

Please note that moving a folder to the top level of the shared space is only allowed if the setting which allows top level folder editing has been enabled.

If you are an admin and wish to allow other members of your team to move folders into the top level of your team's space, you can update the setting on the following page in the Admin Console: https://www.dropbox.com/team/admin/settings/management

I hope this information helps and please keep me posted on your progress! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?