cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Shared folders missing

Shared folders missing

NL-Photo
Explorer | Level 4

Hello!
I’ve been having this problem… when my business partner shares a folder with me the link she sends me works no problem but it never shows up on my account at all. No shared folder nothing. I don’t even get an email that a folder was shared with me, she texts me the links. She receives the folders I share with her no problem. I’ve tried resetting I’ve went through my settings and I couldn’t find an article from anyone else about this issue.
Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@NL-Photo wrote:
That makes sense. I’m not sure if that’s what she was doing if it would allow me to download and edit the photos in the folder

A shared link allows you to download, and even add the folder to your own Dropbox allowing you to edit the content, but it wouldn't sync back to the owner and you wouldn't be able to modify anything in their original folder.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

NL-Photo
Explorer | Level 4
One more thing.. this is the same on all my devices. The only things I can see on my account is stuff I created

Rich
Super User II

@NL-Photo wrote:
I’ve been having this problem… when my business partner shares a folder with me the link she sends me works no problem but it never shows up on my account at all. No shared folder nothing. I don’t even get an email that a folder was shared with me, she texts me the links.

She's likely not inviting you to join a shared folder, but instead she's just sending you a shared link. This is a view-only method of sharing and works differently from a regular shared folder. She needs to follow the same process that you are when you share a folder with her.

NL-Photo
Explorer | Level 4
That makes sense. I’m not sure if that’s what she was doing if it would allow me to download and edit the photos in the folder

Rich
Super User II

@NL-Photo wrote:

A shared link allows you to download, and even add the folder to your own Dropbox allowing you to edit the content, but it wouldn't sync back to the owner and you wouldn't be able to modify anything in their original folder.

View solution in original post

NL-Photo
Explorer | Level 4
Thank you! That makes sense I’ll be sure to follow up with my partner
Need more support?