cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Shared link IP clicks

Explorer | Level 3

Hey guys,

I sell digital products online and I use Dropbox to manage my files. When someone purchases a product, he/she receives the Dropbox link and he/she can download the digital product.

Yesterday, a customer disputed a charge and I had to refund the money as well as additional fee's to process the dispute. I want to prove that the customer has received the product. I know the customer's IP address so I was wondering if there was any chance to lookup which IP addresses visited the shared link?

Much appreciated. 

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Shared link IP clicks

Super User alumni
Super User alumni

No, Dropbox doesn't record things like IP's visiting links, or even the number of clicks on links.

About my only suggestion would be to convert the link to a bilty one before sending it to the consumer. 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Got it, thanks.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

New to dropbox. I have uploaded a 1.41gb video, but when I share it people say it only goes for 15 minutes, I can see the full 46 minutes, I am sharing via  the link. do they need dropbox to see the full version.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Video is previewed online ONLY, and only 15 mins, they have to download the file to view the whole thing (previewed online meaning its not the original you uploaded)

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Thank you Dave

so if you view it in windows media will that give them the full time or file explorer?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

When downloaded, they get the orginal file.

The online version is a preview, like when you upload a word doc, and it creates a pdf preview.

You need to have them download the original.

FYI: if the links you supply them to the file end in dl=0 copy then change them to dl=1 and email them from your own email address, the dl=1 links just download instantly.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?