cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared link is loading forever

Shared link is loading forever

Karthick
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi, 

I have got a link shared by my co-worker and when I click the link, it loading forever but not opening.

Page responsePage response

1. I have made sure that the link has not expired. 
  2. I have tried in all the browsers. 
  3. I have deleted browser cache and still, the problem persists.
  4. I have also tried in Incognito mode.
  5. I have tried restarting the computer, logged out of the account and also tried in another computer.

can anyone help me?

Regards,

Karthick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Karthick
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

As I got the solution in my personal email, I would like to share it here, so that someone will not have to go through the long process of email communication. 

Solution:

Upon investigation, it appears that the Link Restriction setting may be set to "On", which I believe is the root of the problem.

If possible, could you please ask the owner of the folder the set the Link Restriction setting to "Off", you can then try to access the folder again.

If the owner of the folder is unsure how to do this, they will need to reach out to us directly as I cannot provide the information you with information regarding another users account.

Thank you Dropbox support for your help!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, Karthick. 

Awesome work on the troubleshooting from your end! Definitely bypasses some initial steps to take on this. 

In order to further investigate, I’ve followed up with a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Karthick
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

As I got the solution in my personal email, I would like to share it here, so that someone will not have to go through the long process of email communication. 

Solution:

Upon investigation, it appears that the Link Restriction setting may be set to "On", which I believe is the root of the problem.

If possible, could you please ask the owner of the folder the set the Link Restriction setting to "Off", you can then try to access the folder again.

If the owner of the folder is unsure how to do this, they will need to reach out to us directly as I cannot provide the information you with information regarding another users account.

Thank you Dropbox support for your help!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Karthick! Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end. :relieved:

If you have any other questions in the future, don’t hesitate to give us a nudge. Have a great day ahead! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Karthick
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@Lusil You were very helpful during the process and thank you for the great support! 

Have a nice day too 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Karthick Helpful | Level 5
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?