cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared link not sharing complete file

Shared link not sharing complete file

RebaMassey
New member | Level 2

Hi I have a file that's 20 minutes but when I share it the recipient only receives 15 mins.

The same for a file I have that's 40 min, when I share it they only get 15 min.  Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Re: Shared link not sharing complete file

Mark
Super User II

Free users can only share links that include a 15 minute preview. Paying users get to share 60 min previews of files. 

If you want longer the person needs to download and watch it that way

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Swampbelly
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem.  Do you mean that the person with whom I want to share the file must be a paying user?  If I am a paying user, but my friend isn't, can they still view the entire 20 minute video that I want to share?

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Swampbelly 

If you are a paying user they can see the whole thing 🙂 it doesnt matter what level they are - or even if they have an account actually. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Swampbelly
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks, I would press the Accept as Solution button if I could find it--don't see any such button.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?