cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared links to outside collaborators

Highlighted

Shared links to outside collaborators

New member | Level 2

Hi all.  My team is new to Dropbox.  We are a small government authority trying to keep all of our documents in one place where they are easy and accessible to outside collaborators.  We have had several cases where the links to meeting agendas and exhibits have not worked.  In which case, I have sent a transfer which in my mind defeats the purpose of Dropbox...if they have to download it, I might as well just send an attachment.  Also the point is to have access from our online agendas for online meetings so people can take it directly from there rather than requesting it from staff. I have checked all of our share settings and we are set to send in "View" mode to outside collaborators.  But we are still getting hit up for faulty links.  Any ideas?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Shared links to outside collaborators

Dropboxer

Hey @Ashley11, I hope you're well today!

Can you let me know what kind of errors you're getting when trying to open the shared links? Please send along any screenshots you have of the errors.

If you need to replicate a non-team member opening the link, you can use an incognito browsing window so you're not signed into Dropbox.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?