cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared user with edit permission to my DB file is not able to edit file from their computer

Shared user with edit permission to my DB file is not able to edit file from their computer

Trish S.2
Explorer | Level 4

Shared user with edit permission to my DB file is not able to edit my file when:

logging into my website from their computer and opening up file

Or opening file from their computer

Please help!  I've spent >2 hours on this simple problem

3 Replies 3

Re: Shared user with edit permission to my DB file is not able to edit file from their computer

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello @Trish S.2, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Can you clarify for me exactly what issue they're having when they try to edit the file?

If they're getting any error messages, please send me a screenshot as the visual is always helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Shared user with edit permission to my DB file is not able to edit file from their computer

Trish S.2
Explorer | Level 4

User could open in Web for either xls or .docs

But not Google to edit

DO I understand correctly that no user can edit in Google ... unless their DB id uses a google email?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me here @Trish S.2!

If they want to use the online Google apps to edit files, they would need to connect their Google account first.

This would need to indeed be the same email as the one on the Dropbox account.

If they have a Google account, they can try changing the email linked with their Dropbox account to that email address with these steps.

Otherwise, they should be able to use the Microsoft apps instead to edit the files.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?