cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sharing DB Business folders with outside users who do not have DB Business

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My office is considering switching to DB Business so that we can share subfolders with people outside of our dropbox team. Can anyone confirm that all outside users that we share our subfolders with will be able to view, edit, and upload files - even if they are not DB Business users? (some of our consultants have individual DB accounts, not business accounts). Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Sharing DB Business folders with outside users who do not have DB Business

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @rjesau,

You will still be able to share folders outside of your team as you share folders now. If the recipient needs to have "edit" access then they will need to have enough space in their personal Dropbox account to accept and access the content.

If you only need to share the content with viewing access then you can always share a link instead.

It is possible to restrict sharing outside the team through the Admin console in the Settings tab. However, the default is set to allow sharing outside the team. This can also be restricted on a per folder basis through the folder permissions, but again the default allows sharing outside the team.

I hope this info helps - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @rjesau,

You will still be able to share folders outside of your team as you share folders now. If the recipient needs to have "edit" access then they will need to have enough space in their personal Dropbox account to accept and access the content.

If you only need to share the content with viewing access then you can always share a link instead.

It is possible to restrict sharing outside the team through the Admin console in the Settings tab. However, the default is set to allow sharing outside the team. This can also be restricted on a per folder basis through the folder permissions, but again the default allows sharing outside the team.

I hope this info helps - Thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Yes, got it. Thank you for your response! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

No problem @rjesau, I'm glad I could help!

If you have any other questions then please feel free to give me a nudge here.

Have a great day  - Thanks!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?