cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Dropbox Links - Sign In Required

Sharing Dropbox Links - Sign In Required

CaitlinM
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I am hoping to solve an issue within my organization regarding file/ folder sharing through links. I have read several community conversations around this topic and attempted to get help from Dropbox support, but the issue is still occuring.

When somone in our organization attemps to share a link to a file or folder, they are prompted to sign in to Dropbox (even though they are already signed in). The user can open Dropbox.com and it will show they are already signed in, but when they click the link shared with them, they are prompted to sign in again. 

For reference, we do not always go through Dropbox.com to create the direct link when sharing. We often right click on the file and select "Copy Dropbox Link". See screenshot below.

Any advice is appreciated!

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 4.55.47 PM.png

1 Reply 1

Re: Sharing Dropbox Links - Sign In Required

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @CaitlinM, thanks for posting today!

Is this occurring every time you create a shared link from the desktop app, or just sometimes?

Would you get the same reaction if you created a link on the site directly? Does this behavior happen when certain users create the links, or when anyone does it?

What are the link permissions on the shared links when they're created?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?