cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Paper Folders with new team members

Sharing Paper Folders with new team members

New member | Level 2

Hi,

We have been using Paper within our agency for several months now. We have set up a number of folders in Paper which different team members can move their Paper docs into to keep them organized. 

We've recently added a couple of members to the team but these new team members are unable to add their Paper docs to the folders we are using within the team. I think this is because the new team members are on the newer 2020 version of Paper.

This has created a bit of an issue for us, as those of us on the legacy platform are unable to create paper docs inside our Dropbox folders like the new members are, nor can we migrate the legacy paper folders over. Likewise the new members are not able to create and move docs into the existing legacy paper folders.

Not sure we are missing something here. What would the recommended workaround for this? Is there a way for legacy Paper and Paper 2020 users to share folders?

Many Thanks. 

3 Replies 3

Re: Sharing Paper Folders with new team members

Dropboxer

Hey @achubb, thanks for posting your question here!

You mention that you have shared the Paper folder with other team members. 

Could you clarify if your account is on a Business plan, or if this folder is just shared with other individual accounts?

You can check your subscription by going to the Plan tab

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil

We are using the Dropbox basic plan and just sharing the folders with the other individual accounts.

So, one user may create a Folder and share it with other members of the team. If I want to put a Paper doc in there, i can use the the "Add to Folder" link to put this doc into one of the folders that is shared with me.

This is the part that our new users cannot do. They don't have the "Add to Folder" option. I am guessing from what I read in the FAQ that they are on the newer 2020 version of Paper, so therefore they cannot add something a folder that was created by one of our legacy users.

Thanks.

Dropboxer

In that case, maybe what Fiona mentions in their post, here, would work for you?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?