cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing a file

Sharing a file

browningk
New member | Level 2

I have removed all the links in the dropbox folders and it says only me that has access, but it still won't allow me to share a file, it says I can only use a link as it has a shared file within it . . .how can I reset it so it can show I have removed all those shared files. . 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sharing a file

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @browningk, thanks for posting on the Community!

It sounds like you haven't unshared the folders in the folder itself. Although it says you are the only member, the folder still needs to be unshared.

You can see which folders are still unshared by the icon on the folder, if it has a two-person icon on it, then it's still officially shared.

You can follow these steps to unshare folders.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Sharing a file

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @browningk, thanks for posting on the Community!

It sounds like you haven't unshared the folders in the folder itself. Although it says you are the only member, the folder still needs to be unshared.

You can see which folders are still unshared by the icon on the folder, if it has a two-person icon on it, then it's still officially shared.

You can follow these steps to unshare folders.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?