cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing editable files and folders and keeping the latest version

Sharing editable files and folders and keeping the latest version

Bryan4824
New member | Level 2

I have a sole account, free version of DB and am building a Free Mind mind map to tell the story of my friend who was abused since infancy. Using a Windows laptop.
We want to be able to edit the .mm file and pass it back and forth, with the most recent saved version available.
Do I need Business or Family to do this for the file to be updated when shared?
At the moment, I only know how to save it to my DB.
If the other side edits it and I go look, I just have my saved version without their changes.
In my File Explorer there is no drop down share option. All the vids and Help I search give options I don't have and don't work.
Surprising given how long DB has been around.
In the real world, when I pull a file from a folder in a cabinet, add to it and put it back, my changes are there for the next person.
And theirs are plain to see for me when I come back.
I'm surprised I can't sort that basic function of a filing system.
What am I missing please?
Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Re: Sharing editable files and folders and keeping the latest version

Rich
Super User II

@Bryan4824 wrote:

What am I missing please?

Put the file in a shared folder and invite the other person to it. That's all you need to do.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?