cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing folders when Dropbox is full

Sharing folders when Dropbox is full

JanCO
Explorer | Level 4

I share folders with a client who has a business account.  I now have the message that my dropbox is full and there are limits to what I can do.  He suggested setting up a personal account.  If I share it with his business account, won't my account also be full?  Any suggestions on what I can do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sharing folders when drop box is full

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @JanCO, thanks for reaching out!

From what you mentioned, it sounds like they might have suggested to upgrade your personal account to a paid personal plan perhaps, rather than join their Business team.

Upgrading your personal account would increase the storage space so that you could continue to use the shared folder with them.

If they are only sharing a specific folder(s) with you from the team, then you only need to have enough space for that folder(s).

This is in order to be able to see edits and sync the changes made by the other folder members.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @JanCO, thanks for reaching out!

From what you mentioned, it sounds like they might have suggested to upgrade your personal account to a paid personal plan perhaps, rather than join their Business team.

Upgrading your personal account would increase the storage space so that you could continue to use the shared folder with them.

If they are only sharing a specific folder(s) with you from the team, then you only need to have enough space for that folder(s).

This is in order to be able to see edits and sync the changes made by the other folder members.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

JanCO
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks so much for your reply, Daphne.  It's still a learning experience, but it helps in answering some questions I had.

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'm happy to help out @JanCO!

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to drop me another message here. 😁

Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    JanCO Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?