cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing limit reached even though not used

Sharing limit reached even though not used

Explorer | Level 3

Hi - Even though I haven't used Dropbox for a few weeks, when I try to share a document (a pdf of a lease, so not at all controversial) I get the message:  'You've hit the limit of invites you can send per day.  Try again in 24 hours'.  And if I try to create a link to the document I get the message: 'You don't have permission to create a link to this file'.  Can you help?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Re: Sharing limit reached even though not used

Dropboxer

Hi there @ClovisMB; welcome to our Community!

Your query seems to echo this discussion where I've gone through the possible reasons why you might be getting this error.

Could you take a look at the relevant documentation and let me know if it helps? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Well the link to 'this discussion' takes you to a reply I had already seen when I first wrote to you, which says this problem is account specific and that you would take it off the community site and onto direct email.

Please please could you address the problem I raised.

No more computerised replies please!

Thanks

Dropboxer

Thanks for the response @ClovisMB.

As those cases are indeed account specific, I've just sent you an email so we can look further into this. 

Whenever you find the chance, please take a look at your inbox for my message and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?