cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should videos be buffering on the Dropbox site?

Should videos be buffering on the Dropbox site?

ldbmartin
New member | Level 2

Hello, I downloaded a 2 hour and 16 minute movie and was able to show it fine to my parents on an Ipad. But then when I tried to show it on a laptop to my sister in another home, it would only show about half of it before it began to buffer. Any idea why it buffers like that and what do I need to do to be able to share it to people and them be able to see the whole movie. I've watched the whole move several times on a laptop at my house.Does it have anything to do with the internet connection??

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ldbmartin, thanks for posting on the Community!

I’d like to check one thing with you first, are you previewing the file directly from your own Dropbox account, or are you viewing it via a shared link?

If you’re viewing it from a shared link, then depending on your plan, only a specific amount of the video will play according to these limits.

If you’re viewing it from your account when signed in, then it would most likely be related to your ISP connection, as we’re not experiencing any issues with buffering.

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ldbmartin
New member | Level 2
I am logging into my own account on their devices so yes I'm watching it from my own acct. So why would the ISP cause it- Is there somethi g that will help??

Jay
Dropbox Staff

If the video is buffering, then it could be something related on their end, since Dropbox doesn’t restricting viewing the files while logged into your own profile.

We’d recommend checking with them to see if there is any restriction of traffic to these Dropbox domains.

Since this is happening on your computer, you could also check the antivirus and security software to see if they could be causing this issue.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    ldbmartin New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?