cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sidebar Suggestions

Sidebar Suggestions

erkin
Helpful | Level 7

Is there a way to turn off sidebar suggestions of Starred folders in Dropbox's Mac app? I don't want to see irrelevant folders and files besides my starred folders. Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 12.45.41 AM.png

3 Replies 3

Re: Sidebar Suggestions

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @emreerkin, thanks for posting your question here. 

On the sidebar of the desktop app, you'll find a list of suggested and starred items.

Although there's no way to remove this, I understand where you're coming from and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 

Out of curiosity, would you prefer to see it as an option to directly right-click and remove items, or completely turn off the option to have suggested/starred content show?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

erkin
Helpful | Level 7

I only don't want to see the suggestions. As you can see from my screenshot, I already have 3 starred folders which are my Mac, notability and college. I am okay to see these folders and I should tell it is very convenient to have them there, so all I wished was to remove completely suggested folders but it seems like there is no way to do that. This may be an option Dropbox will later consider to bring to its users. I know a lot of us really like keeping their workspace clean and tidy. 

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for your swift reply and for sharing your thoughts on this here. 

I understand how important this is for you and, if you have any other feedback for us, don't hesitate to give us another nudge. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely day ahead of you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    erkin Helpful | Level 7
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?