cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple UI Improvement

Simple UI Improvement

Rob the humble
New member | Level 2

I just want to let you know there are some things that really annoy me about the online Dropbox PDF and Image Viewer Interface.

There is a message that constantly shows suggesting to select an area to comment on. Please could you make this an option instead of having it as a continual distraction. I'm sure a few people use this feature, but I'm sure they don't use it very much.

Also, often when I open a pdf document, everything will be selected probably from clicking accidentally or something.
To get rid of the selection I usually have to close the viewer and open it again.

If you could spend some time to improve these features, us users would have more peace of mind.

Thankyou!

1 Reply 1

Re: Simple UI Improvement

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there @Rob the humble, I hope you're well today!

The prompt to select an area to comment on will only show when you have the panel open on the right to show the comments section.

Can you either collapse the right side panel with the ---> arrow in the top right corner, or select another tab (eg. "About"), to see if that does the trick for you?

This would also remove the selection that you'd see for the file too.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?