cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Slow upload speed

Slow upload speeds on Windows 7

Soonjas
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am experiencing the super slow upload speed via Dropbox desktop App ( v 120.4.4598 ) and I am running Windows 7. It used to be good and only recently noticed super slow upload speed. Funny thing is, upload via chrome browser works and utilizes my bandwidth to the max which is great. I have tried reinstalling the app, playing around with settings, rebooting router and modem, speed tests, tried that fix by merk. Also have tried installing Dropbox onto a laptop (win7) and get the same upload speed around 250KB/s. It seems like there is hard limit on the upload speed set by Dropbox.

I have wasted too much time on this. It is not my internet, as upload speeds are great to Google Drive and other speedtests, even the dropbox browser upload is fast.

Conclusion is the desktop app upload is slow. Definitely something wrong with the desktop app. So tempted to try the Filezilla Pro option, have to pay though =( 

Please fix this Dropbox!

57 Replies 57

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I'd recommend getting in contact with the support team regarding this matter, for them to look into this in more detail.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

xerkon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Here's the response I got. I've already replied with an email that basically said, "Sorry dropbox support, you'll have to do better than that."

[Removed as per Community Guidelines]

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the info, the support team will be able to investigate this further as you're already in contact with them.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

xerkon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Got a response from dropbox support and will update this thread with any resolutions.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
If the response didn't help, reply to that ticket directly to continue the troubleshooting. 

Creating a new ticket would only prolong the troubleshooting since you'd need to start over.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Photomate123
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also experiencing slow upload speeds with windows 7.  There was a notification of system maintenance last week and since then my files upload to 1 second remaining then I get a upload or server error.

Soonjas
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@xerkon I pretty much got the similar reply =(

tgr74
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm on a Mac and I was trying to upload some files and it was giving an ETA that was fluctuating between 1 hour and 3 hours per file.  I took the same files into WeTransfer and the upload estimated 15 minutes for all 3 files.   REALLY frustrating to pay a premium for DropBox and have the free service of WeTransfer blow them out of the water speed-wise.   I really hope Dropbox looks into this seriously.   I will have to seek another option if it persists. 

Photomate123
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So I have to confess that I found the source of my problems.  I found that I was experiencing slower internet upload speeds on other sites as well.  I did a factory reset on my modem/router, reconfigured my internet service provider information in the modem/router, and now have much higher upload speeds.  This action solved my issue with dropbox as well.  Thank you all for your inputs.

Respectfully

xerkon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Just finished typing a response to dropbox support. They keep wanting to blame firewalls and networks. Here's how I see it, as simply as I can put it:

If, under a particular OS, program A uploads a file to dropbox.com at speed X, and program B uploads the same file to dropbox.com at speed .1X, the fault has something to do with Progam B.

Is my logic wrong?

Need more support?