cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Slow upload speed

Slow upload speeds on Windows 7

Soonjas
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am experiencing the super slow upload speed via Dropbox desktop App ( v 120.4.4598 ) and I am running Windows 7. It used to be good and only recently noticed super slow upload speed. Funny thing is, upload via chrome browser works and utilizes my bandwidth to the max which is great. I have tried reinstalling the app, playing around with settings, rebooting router and modem, speed tests, tried that fix by merk. Also have tried installing Dropbox onto a laptop (win7) and get the same upload speed around 250KB/s. It seems like there is hard limit on the upload speed set by Dropbox.

I have wasted too much time on this. It is not my internet, as upload speeds are great to Google Drive and other speedtests, even the dropbox browser upload is fast.

Conclusion is the desktop app upload is slow. Definitely something wrong with the desktop app. So tempted to try the Filezilla Pro option, have to pay though =( 

Please fix this Dropbox!

57 Replies 57

xerkon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Some good news! My support person is in touch with the software engineers, so maybe I'm making some headway!

tgr74
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Jay,  I don't know how to do the things you are suggesting.  Can you give more detail?   My dropbox uploads are painfully slow and I even upgraded my internet to 20MB per second for uploads. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @tgr74, could you clarify what steps you're referring to in order to assist further?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tgr74
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi Jay, I was referring to this message you had on this thread:

“ Hi @xerkon, thanks for posting on the community!

There is a possibility that a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

I'd recommend trying to check each one of these to se if any of them could be affecting the app's connection to the site.

Keep me updated with any progress”

Soonjas
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Just to update, I am still experience the same issue. The support have not being much help, just going through the same things.........it's very frustating.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
@tgr74, there isn't much I can suggest, since these are specific to your computer and what you have installed on there. 

Did you install any antivirus software or other security software? If so, try disabling it to see if this helps.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tgr74
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Jay,  I'm on a Mac and have not installed any antivirus or security software.  I don't think I have a proxy, VPN or firewall.   I just started using the app vs. my browser and that seems to have sped things up notably. I actually preferred using my browser though so I wish I could continue but I'll just try get used to using the app 

Soonjas
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Just to let everyone know that the latest Dropbox version has seems to fixed my issue of slow uploads (please refer original post https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Does-Dropbox-limit-the-upload-speed-Very-Slow-...

I am now getting great upload speeds via Dropbox desktop App. Now my Dropbox desktop app is version 127.4.4265 on Windows 7. As previously mentioned, this issue seems to be on Windows 7 and had problems with v 120.4.4598 .

In conclusion, and evidence by my testing on various devices, it is the Dropbox app that had restricted the upload speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Jay  please take note.

Soonjas
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Just to let everyone know that the latest Dropbox version has seems to fixed my issue of slow uploads (please refer original post https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Does-Dropbox-limit-the-upload-speed-Very-Slow-...

I am now getting great upload speeds via Dropbox desktop App. Now my Dropbox desktop app is version 127.4.4265 on Windows 7. As previously mentioned, this issue seems to be on Windows 7 and had problems with v 120.4.4598 .

In conclusion, and evidence by my testing on various devices, it is the Dropbox app that had restricted the upload speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Jay  please take note.

Sabertooth
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

EDIT:

My bad. Please disregard my message below. The app is actually working just fine, and my upload speed calculations were wrong (Mb vs MB).

---------

Hello!

I have the exact same problem on Windows 7, with upload speeds at about 1/10th of my actual upload speed. I have version 127.4.4265 of the app, and that alone does not seem to solve it. 

Upload speed limits are disabled under preferences and there is no antivirus, VPN or firewall running in my system.

Need more support?