cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart Sync confusion

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have Smart Synced a set of folders that each contain c. 100 high-resolution photos. Every time I click on one of the photographs (not open it - just click on it), Smart Sync immediately starts to download ALL the photos in the folder onto my hard-drive ('Local'). Nothing I've tried is able to stop this once it starts happening. I have to wait until it finishes downloading the lot before bulk syncing them to 'Online only' again.

Is this normal or is there something I can do to stop it from happening?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Smart Sync confusion

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @levans,

So that I can have a better understanding of the issue, can you let me know the OS and version on your device that you’re seeing this behaviour with? Are you perhaps using a third-party file browser when you are looking through and clicking on your files within the Dropbox folder?

Also, please let me know the version of the desktop app that you have installed. 

Finally, do you see this occur for all smart synced files or is this only with the folder containing your high resolution images?

Let me know what you find and we’ll go from there - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?