cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Smart Sync doesn't work for Logic Pro files

Smart Sync doesn't work for Logic Pro files

JWMJWM
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm experiencing an issue with smart sync.

It works perfectly for all my files, exept for Logic Pro X Files. 

When I right-click and choose 'online only' it syncs, sets the icon to the grey online-only-icon, but within 5 seconds or so, the green 'local-icon' appears again and it's not synced anymore.

I tried to find which application is causing this, but I can't find it.

Do you have experience with this issue?

Thanks!

Jaap

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.1 and Dropbox 40.4.46

25 Replies 25

oliespink
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks for this info, but like you there is no way i am doing this for each session, its crazy why dropbox wont reconise this as a problem and fix with an update, I mean we are paying for a sercice and at the moemnt its not working as intended. 

pomp
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Same problem here, also got a thousand logic project files that won't online sync correctly..

And to do that .plist thing doesn't feels like the best solution either. 

well, let's zip old projects and then choose online sync, then you at least save a couple of minutes downloading when needed but still feels very unessessary.

oliespink
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
It’s ridiculous they won’t recognise and acknowledge this problem it’s been around for ages now, I pay for the pro account and very soon will need to upgrade to business, when I move up to the business account I will be putting more weight on to them about this bug, there support service has a lot to be desired.

oliespink
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Forgot to say all they said was it’s nothing to do with Dropbox and that it’s probably a different program that’s causing the problem even tho I have sent them videos of the problem in real time and that every app and program is shut down, tried with files on system drive, tried with files on an external with the same problem each and every time, also tried on 3 different computer two Macs and a windows machine. For me zipping up the seasons is not an option, I have a long background in IT an no for certain it’s a bug in there software.

pomp
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yeah, totally agree it needs to be fixed.

Same here, not an option to unzip sessions for me either. Just saw that as the "best" solution so far..

Let's see what happens.

brokenmusic
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Just signed up to Dropbox Business only to discover this problem... Hope a fix will be sorted soon, this is quite disastrous if zipping each Logic Pro X project file is the best option! Edit: Also, the solution didn't work for me as I'm not running any antivirus software and this is still happening.

zmdelariva
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

same thing here,

Logic files upload fine to Dropbox but when I apply Smart Syncing and Online only, they won't stay there at all, and will remain local. 

It seems it has something to do with the plist file inside every logic Resource folder (which is inside the logic package), but it'll be a nightmare for me to delete the extension in all logic files or zip them all, as Brian L.30 suggested.

Has anyone found a solution?

oliespink
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Nope I still have the same problem, I am very disappointed with drop box at not even acknowledging this bug.

JWMJWM
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Well, 4 years after posting this issue, I tried to give it a lucky go today. And guess what; it seems to be fixed.

Logic files stay perfectly online-only as I can see now on both computers (Mac Mini & Macbook Pro, Catalina 10.15.17 and Dropbox version 113.4.507. Who would have thought.

I'm going to transfer all my music to the cloud now.

🎉

oliespink
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
That’s great news I shall do the same and hopefully it all works as intended. Thanks for letting us all no.
Need more support?