cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Sync for selected file type only

Highlighted

Smart Sync for selected file type only

Explorer | Level 4

Is it possible to select a typ of files (i.e. *.bmp), that should be synchronised allway just online. Our team is working with a lot of CAD-files which are verwy big (+ 250 MB). These files are just in different project folders and are just used form the designers. It would be very helpfull, if the selecetion would include also typs of filfes in general. 

Thank for your advise, Christoph 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Smart Synch for selected file type only

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello Christoph; happy Monday!

As there's no such option at this moment, why not suggest it in the relevant area of our Community here?

Make sure to include as much as information as possible about your specific use-case and how this would benefit your work-flow.

Thanks in advance and, in the meantime, please let me know if you have any questions @cdneumann

PS: As a walk-around you could designate a 'for use' folder (or something similar) and make sure to revert it to 'Online Only' once you're done with your edits. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Smart Synch for selected file type only

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello Christoph; happy Monday!

As there's no such option at this moment, why not suggest it in the relevant area of our Community here?

Make sure to include as much as information as possible about your specific use-case and how this would benefit your work-flow.

Thanks in advance and, in the meantime, please let me know if you have any questions @cdneumann

PS: As a walk-around you could designate a 'for use' folder (or something similar) and make sure to revert it to 'Online Only' once you're done with your edits. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?