cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Sync not working on PC with personal account

Highlighted

Smart Sync not working on PC with personal account

Explorer | Level 4

Hi all,

I am doing work as a consultant for a company, and I'm using a personal  Dropbox account to receive docs from the team via sharing. (In case it's relevant, I use a PC.) The only items in my account are from the company. I notice that all the files have the green checkmark, but I would like to change this setting so it's not saved to my hard drive. The issue is that I do not have the "smart sync" option when I right-click on the files.

Previously, when I worked for this same company as an employee, I was able to use the smart sync option (perhaps because I was part of their "Dropbox team"?). I'm wondering if using a basic, personal account is an issue? I've uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox with no luck.

I would appreciate any advice as to how to get rid of the green checkmarks. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Smart Sync not working on PC with personal account

Super User II

@oj1 wrote:

I'm wondering if using a basic, personal account is an issue?

Yes, it is. The Smart Sync feature is only available on paid accounts. It is not available on Basic accounts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II

@oj1 wrote:

I'm wondering if using a basic, personal account is an issue?

Yes, it is. The Smart Sync feature is only available on paid accounts. It is not available on Basic accounts.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to answer this question. You've saved me a lot of time!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?