Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Sync notifications on the desktop app never disables?

Explorer | Level 4

I have disabled notifications on both the desktop and in the account settings. Nothing is checked yet every day I get sync notifications. My only solution is to snooze notifcations but I can only do it for a day so this is a daily issue. Is there a way to stop this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Smart Sync notifications on the desktop app never disables?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @nileod

If you're trying to access an online-only file, the desktop app tries to make it local so that it can open it, which could explain the notification. 

If you don't want these notifications, you can disable them from the OS's settings, although this would disable all notifications from the desktop app.

I understand that this isn't the ideal reply you were looking for, but if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get back to me. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @nileod, thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

Out of curiosity, could you please clarify what the notification says?  If you have a screenshot of it (without any personla info), that would also be very helpful. 

Keep me posted!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Yes, it is this popup for every file that is syncing. I share thousands of files with my coworker so if I don't snooze these notifications, it just keeps going all day.

Screenshot 2019-12-30_11-37-35.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @nileod

If you're trying to access an online-only file, the desktop app tries to make it local so that it can open it, which could explain the notification. 

If you don't want these notifications, you can disable them from the OS's settings, although this would disable all notifications from the desktop app.

I understand that this isn't the ideal reply you were looking for, but if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get back to me. Thanks!

Lusil

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?