cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Sync problem, tick boxes not showing

Smart Sync problem, tick boxes not showing

Helpful | Level 5

Hi, I am having an issue with Smart Sync where there are no checkboxes next to the folder items (i.e. I right click a folder name, and go to Smart Sync, and go across to Online Only or Local, but there are no tick boxes). When I click Online Only, nothing seems to happen, with no tick boxes appearing. Or is this right, and it is actually making it online only behind the scenes? Screenshot attached.

I'm using Dropbox 112.4.321.

Thanks!

SmartSync.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Smart Sync problem, tick boxes not showing

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Lusil, thanks very much for the help and getting in contact, much appreciated!

I now have icons showing, it may have been an issue that the dropbox was syncing at the time to get set up and there was some issue with that, as it seems to be working now. When I now Smart Sync a file (i.e. from Online Only to Local) the icon changes from a cloud to a green tick when using the Dropbox App  

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer

Hi there @John_P1, let's see what we can do here. 

When you mark something as online-only, it should get a grey syncing icon with a white cloud in the middle. 

This indicated that the file or folder has been Smart Synced and it now takes up as little space as possible.

Could you try Smart Syncing a file and let me know if the syncing icon changes?

If you can send me a screenshot of it, that would also be helpful. 

Give me a nudge whenever you have a moment to check this out. Thanks! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Lusil, thanks very much for the help and getting in contact, much appreciated!

I now have icons showing, it may have been an issue that the dropbox was syncing at the time to get set up and there was some issue with that, as it seems to be working now. When I now Smart Sync a file (i.e. from Online Only to Local) the icon changes from a cloud to a green tick when using the Dropbox App  

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

Dropboxer

All's well that ends well! 

If anything else comes up, just give us another shout. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?