cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Smart Sync still taking up local space

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks a lot for pinging me here (@Fanale); please check your inbox whenever you have a bit of spare time! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi, same problem here. Harddrive seems to be full even if it isn't. Is there a cure for that problem?
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 7

@Equilibrium Nope, Dropbox never gave any real support either. You're SOL like the rest of us, unfortunately.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Then what is @Jane  doing behind the stages?

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 7
Probably giving the same answers I got from Dropbox “support” that they don’t know what the problem is and they they’ll let me know when there’s an update.
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
Not a lot, seemingly!
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 7

@Equilibrium
@gregdotcom 

This was the last response I got from Dropbox "Support:"

"Our engineers are on the issue but the solution when dealing with an error such as this while collaborating with Apple takes time.

The steps to delete the entire Dropbox folder should give you back your space and it is an experimental step because your storage is currently quite small.

We are aware of the problem and are working hard for a resolution toward the current problem in front of us.

It's a waiting game at the moment for several of our users and as soon as there is information to release, you will have the details when I do and not a second after that.

I fully empathise with you about this issue and the feature should work for everybody.

I do apologise for any time wasted on this matter.

For now if you could try the steps I sent that would be great, if you do not wish to follow them until we have more information to release then i completely understand this also.

Thank you for your time and patience."

So they have no clue what they're doing and again are blaming Apple.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there (@Equilibrium), please have a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience; I’d happily address any concerns you may have. Thanks for the nudge & have a wonderful weekend ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Yeah, I don't understand this. It's been MONTHS, and there's still zero liabality from anyone. No timeline, no anything. Just a shrug and a point at Apple. We're still over here paying for Dropbox though.

I don't think my Smart Sync has worked once in the few months I've had it either, regardless of whether they say the next "snapshots" should clear it up.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

Have you made sure that you have no a/v scan going on those files and no file backup on those files?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?