cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart link - I had a link that I could just change the name of the file in the link. Any ideas?

Smart link - I had a link that I could just change the name of the file in the link. Any ideas?

henriquesimoes
New member | Level 2
Hi,
I have a folder called Teste and inside this folder, 3 files (1.pdf, 2.pdf and 3.pdf) and each one belongs to 3 different clients. I don't remember how I did it but I know that I had a certain link and in the middle of the characters in this link, was the name of the file; when client 1 asked to see your file, I simply changed the link by replacing the file name to 1.pdf and so on. There was no link for each file. It was just a link that I changed according to the file I wanted to make available but I just can't remember the procedure. Would anyone know to remind me ???
Thanks.
1 Reply 1

Re: Smart link - I had a link that I could just change the name of the file in the link. Any ideas?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi @henriquesimoes, thanks for posting!

From what you mentioned, it doesn't sound like a feature of Dropbox. 

Were you perhaps using a 3rd party app to help you achieve this, to create a custom link from the shared link created in Dropbox?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?