cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart sync changes modified date and not syncing folder comments and tags.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi, First of all love the new smart sync. I always need to sort my working files by modified date. But Smart sync is syncing online folder to my mac with new modified date. Seems it's making a new folder and sync online files in to it. This will remove my modified date data and I'm not able to see when it was modified, and not able to sort. I can get my modified date data by replacing that folder with my local dropbox backup. But I have to do that everything smart sync changes my folder data.

Also I have osx comments and tags on other machine dropbox folders but smart sync seems not syncing those data too. 

Could you please let me know if anything I can do to fix this? I know I could stop using smart sync. But if there is a solution I could use this awesome feature. Thanks you.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Smart sync changes modified date and not syncing folder comments and tags.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Siddharthanayan,

Although tags are generally device-specific, I'd be more than happy to pass your comments along to sync them. 

As per your concern regarding Smart Sync though, please note that it's a device-specific space-saving feature. As such, it doesn't organize your files into folders, but simply removes enough space from files so that they take up as little space possible. 

For this reason, could you further elaborate on the behavior you're seeing so as to have a better understanding of your concern? For example:

• Are specific files being placed within a folder?
  • Is this by any chance shared content in a shared folder?
  • Are you using the desktop app, the mobile app, or the website?

Any additional info and screenshots (without personal info) illustrating this behavior would be very helpful. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?