cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartSync syncing or unsyncing all items in a folder

SmartSync syncing or unsyncing all items in a folder

Ian A.7
Explorer | Level 3

Anyone else ever have every item in a given folder either sync or unsync when trying to use SmarSync?

I have used smart and selective sync successfully for years. Today however when I moved some older project folders to online only, all of the hundreds of projects in our dropbox moved with it, and if I try to move any one of them back every other item in that folder would come back with it, which could fill my hard drive and make my machine unusable.

SmartSync is an essential feature for my work and now I am stuck, especially if I have to go offsite with low or no internet connection.

I have opened a ticket with dropbox but they are estimating 72 hours+ to get back to me. Any help or suggestions would be lovely.

4 Replies 4

Re: SmartSync syncing or unsyncing all items in a folder

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Ian A.7, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Was this folder the parent folder of the other projects, or linked to them in some way?

Do you have any apps that might monitor the Dropbox folder?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ian A.7
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Jay,

No this is happening with folders in the same parent folder. “Projects”-> “Project X” etc.
If I right click on Project X and select online only Projects A through Z all change to online only, and if I click on project B to be local, Projects A through Z all start to sync back Locally to my machine.
I have no apps that monroe the app that I am aware of

Jay
Dropboxer
The app shouldn't work like that, since only the original folder should be marked.

I'd recommend getting in contact with the support team directly for further assistance.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ian A.7
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Jay, that is what I thought too. I have already opened a ticket with Dropbox support, thank you for the attention.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ian A.7 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?