cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some JPG image files not uploading

Some JPG image files not uploading

New member | Level 2

Hi,

Have been uploading files for a client on dropbox. Majority of the files have uploaded but a few of them refuse to upload. I thought it was an issue of storage but when I uploaded another file it went through. Tried to upload a specific files and they gave issues yet again. Frustrating! Is it coz they are jpg banner files? But then why only specific files?

The message it shows, "Something went wrong while uploading this file. Check your connection to the internet and try again."

Connection is good too. I tried to save the files but still the same issue.

How do I solve this?

3 Replies 3

Re: Some JPG image files not uploading

Dropboxer

Hi @mbrs, thanks for posting today!

I'm sorry to hear about this matter. Could you try switching browsers to see if this helps? 

Otherwise, use incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely. 

If you're getting the same issue, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hi Jay,

Incognito did work! Thanks a lot.

I am now more confused than ever. Why was it not able to upload some files but uploaded the other without any glitch? And how did incognito solve it? I understand if it were another browser but this is the same browser only incognito.

Thanks again.

Dropboxer

Glad to hear it uploaded fine. As to why files failed to upload, we can't be certain, however in incognito mode, some extensions and plugins are disabled, so it's possible some of them could be interfering with the upload in the normal browser. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?