cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some files are not syncing - Macbook pro desktop app

Some files are not syncing - Macbook pro desktop app

New member | Level 2

Hi, I have about 40 files created in my Macbook pro's dropbox folder that are not syncing with the dropbox cloud.

I read all post and discussions and follow the recommented fixed (I have space in my dropbox; the file names are regular; I have checked permissions and applied the recommented sudo script to make sure it is all right; I've tried to delete and copy again; I've rebooted my computer; I have stoped and started dropbox desktop; I have fully reinstalled the desktop app; etc.).

Important to mention that some of the siles that are not syncing are in folders where other files are synced ok. Also, the names of the files that are failing to sync are similar to the name of the other files that are ok. Most of these files are word docx and pdf's. ther only strange thing I've noticed is that some docx files with sync issues have also sync issued with the respective pdf file (PDF was created from the docx). For example: "CV Hugo Baeta rev4.1.docx" is not syncing and "CV Hugo Baeta rev4.1.pdf" is not syncing either. On the other hand  "CV Hugo Baeta rev4.0.docx" and "CV Hugo Baeta rev4.0.pdf" are both syncing fine.

Any light?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Re: Some files are not syncing - Macbook pro desktop app

Dropboxer

Hey @Hugo Santos, thanks for getting in touch. 

First of all, nice going with all the troubleshooting steps you’ve already taken! 

Now, just to be sure, regarding permissions, please check the steps that Daphne mentions here, and make sure that you do both Fix Permissions and Fix Hardlinks, and restart your computer afterwards. 

If the issue continues, can you try to rename one of the files that won’t sync? Just for testing purposes, try a simple name like “Hugotest.docx”. 

Let me know how it goes!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

HI Sanchez,

Thanks for your reply. I went through the step by step provided by Daphne (link you have provided). However my Dropbox desktop app (when I go to "Preferences >> Account Tab") it does not show the options "Fix Hardlinks" neither "Fix Permissions". The only option in the Account Tab is "Unlink this Dropbox".

Any other suggestions? Is it normal my Account Tab does not have those options.

PS: I'm using version v109.4.517, and my MacOs 10.14.6

Dropboxer

Are you holding down the Option/Alt key when on your account's tab through the app's preferences, Hugo?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?