cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Blurry PDFs

Some of my .pdf files appear blurry when I'm viewing those on my account online. Why?

betazero
Helpful | Level 6

Any file in my own dropbox is blurry when I click on it thru the website. Same when I send a Dropbox link. This did NOT used to be like this. Is there a fix? It basically makes viewing any file thru the website version of dropbox useless. You have to download the file to read it. This is creating a lot of problems for me. I share links to files and clients are used to viewing thru the web browser (so is my boss).

19 Replies 19

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @betazero, I ran a search on our system & I could see that you’ve chatted in to my colleague, where you’ve made some progress together, so it would be best to gather all relevant details under the same email chain for convenience’ sake. 

While I’ve now made sure to include a copy of your comments & I’ve increased your support priority internally, I remain at your entire disposal should you need more help in any way. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

betazero
Helpful | Level 6

Ok no problem

Jane
Dropbox Staff

Hey again @betazero, thanks for the nudge; I can see that my colleague had sent you a follow-up message & they’re now awaiting your reply. Have you received their latest message? If you haven’t been able to see that, please let me know here & I’ll make sure to forward that again on our end. I hope that this gets resolved soon for you! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

betazero
Helpful | Level 6

I replied with an image of what it should look like. Please tell me if have not received it...

Jane
Dropbox Staff
I can see that the last message was sent by my colleague on Tuesday @betazero; would you mind forwarding this last reply once again if possible, as it looks like your last image hasn’t reached their end. Thanks again! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

kakers
Explorer | Level 3

has this been solved? can we see?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @kakers, apologies for the slight delay in getting back in touch here. 

The OP hasn’t updated the thread on progress & based on a quick search on our system, it looks like the ticket hasn’t been resolved on the ticket either. 

Could you elaborate a bit on what this looks like on your end, in order to make sure I’m following-up on the right thing?

Thanks! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

martinlastname
Explorer | Level 4

Necro-posting a bit, but I'm having this issue too and would really like a proper fix. The only solution I've been able to find on my own was to switch to Google Drive, which I'd rather not do. I consider printing or downloading the PDF a workaround, not a real solution.

This is what I see when I follow a link to a PDF saved in Dropbox.

PDF_Preview_In_Dropbox.png

And this is what it should look like, and looks like after I've download the file.PDF_In_Full_Quality.png

I have email notifications set for this, and will do my best to reply promptly with any details or updates as requested or as I find them.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @martinlastname, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Out of curiosity, have you tried previewing the file from another browser or an incognito window? 

How about clearing the cache and making sure that you're not running any third party browser extensions/plugins? 

Let us know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?