cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing Photos

Some photos appear on the website and some other don't?

Frank S.39
New member | Level 2

Lately I have been storing all my photos in the Dropbox/Camera Uploads folder organized into sub folders. I cannot figure out why but some of those photos show up when I login to Dropbox.com and click on the sidebar Photos icon and others do not. Is there some rule about not allowing one to nest photos within folders?

I want to create an Album but the only way I can add anything to that album is if it shows up int he Photos section when logged into Dropbox.com. What am I missing? I can create an album for photos that do show up but not otherwise.

Example:

These show up in Photos:

~/Dropbox/Camera Uploads/Serron/JPEG/*.jpg

These do not show up in Photos:

~/Dropbox/Camera Uploads/Stark 1/JPEG/*.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

Just as a reminder that Dropbox cannot and will not delete things on its own - it simply cant. It can ONLY do what its told to do. So if things have been deleted its been told to do so by *something*

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Frank S.39
New member | Level 2

I found another way to create an album that I did not find in the documentation. 

1. Log into Dropbox.com
  2. Navigate to parent folder with folder of photos showing
  3. Right click on folder with photos
  4. Choose Create Album...

jeff h.31
New member | Level 1

doesn't happen for my files.  no option to make a file into an album... still can't get my jpegs to appear among the photos! 

Frank P E.
Helpful | Level 5

Has the option "create album" been removed?

Stefanie
Dropboxer

Hi Frank,

We removed the option to create an album from the right click dropdown list on the Dropbox website file browser as this functionality is more easily accessible from the Photos tab.

To create an album from the Photos tab please follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/493

Hope this helps, and please let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Frank S.39
New member | Level 2

Sofia,

Thank you I appreciate the response. I had to figure this out own my own the other day when I attempted to create a new album. I ended up not creating the album and abandoning it all together. Not all the photos I upload, that are all in subfolders of Camera Uploads, show up in the Photos timeline. Being able to right click and choose Create Album from the dropdown ensures I am not missing anything. It also ensures that if I add things to that folder they automatically show up in the album. This feels more like regression than progression.

Cheers,

Frank

Frank S.39
New member | Level 2

Furthermore if I want to create an album out of 100's of photos in a folder I have to now scroll infinitely up in the Photos area to Shift + Click from the first photo to the last? Again this might be a nice supplementary feature but it just isn't a catch all solution for users who are really using Dropbox to share photos. 

Jess L.2
Helpful | Level 5

Warning: I and many other people in this forum have been using DB to back up photos I have now jus found that at least 50% f mine are gone. I have not gotten to the bottom of why yet but it's looking grim! Please read into other user experiences before trusting dropbox. There are A LOT of very disturbing reports. what I am reading is that we should not be using DB for file storage just file sharing. 

Mark
Super User II

Just as a reminder that Dropbox cannot and will not delete things on its own - it simply cant. It can ONLY do what its told to do. So if things have been deleted its been told to do so by *something*

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?